Get off the sideline and help us fight this: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just send us your first name to let us know you want to join our free Conservative Action Group
Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals has been the left’s master playbook. It’s not hard to see that these are the tactics that were used on Sarah Palin. Her ability to rise above the fray every time makes the left nuts. The blue lines were examples that came immediately to mind. I’m sure if one were to dig deeper, there would be plenty of examples for the rest.
Rules for Radicals:
- Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
- Never go outside the experience of your own people.
- Whenever possible, go outside the experience of the enemy. (Make them speechless).
- Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. (The hypocrisy play)
- Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. (Humor is the ultimate weapon!)
- A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
- A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
- Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose. (Timing is everything).
- The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
- A major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure on the opposition.
- If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counter side.
- The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. (Put up or shut up).
- Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it (example, George Bush as the personification of evil).
None of the attacks on Sarah from the left have been anything but an attempt to neutralize what they see as a very real threat. When they couldn’t ridicule her into submission, they turned to unprecedented attacks using her family and the ethics bill she championed as weapons against her. Before Sarah, G.W. Bush had the same treatment going into this last election cycle in order to neutralize and demoralize the GOP. The left portrayed President Bush as not only an enemy of the world, they attacked him on the home front as well. It was effective too. For the GOP, the election was lost before it ever began.
The list above was taken from a post appropriately titled “Know Thy Enemy”. If the grassroots conservative movement wants to have the stamina to beat back the socialist tide, we have to truly know thy enemy. Understanding what their tactics are will help us not to buy into their game. Instead, we need to engage them in a debate of our choosing. No more compromise to get along in the true spirit of bipartisanship. They have fully demonstrated with their grotesque display of power in Washington, the liberals have no intention of engaging the right. Our own concept of fair play has been used as a weapon against us.
Now is the time for We The People to stop listening to the talking heads on TV and use our own God-given brains to decide what is best for America. It’s time to stop being paralyzed in our apathy and stand up for the Freedom that was bought with the precious blood of our Founding Fathers. If there was ever a time to pay attention, its right now as we watch our Constitutional rights evaporate before our very eyes.
There is NO person or government that deserves the fruits of your own labor more than you do. As a free people, we have a responsibility to take care of our own needs and not to look to the government to take care of us. There was a time in this country when if you didn’t work, you wouldn’t eat.
Filed under: Current |