We need a new contract FROM America to the government since they seem to be unable to remember they are our representatives – and not a specious one with hard to understand goals, but one that will allow Americans to succeed and is easy to comprehend.
We need to focus on economy and returning the power to the states and localities. We need to curtail and shrink the size of the federal government.
Simply put – the more money that is in private hands the better the economy is and faster it will grow. The more the economy grows, the more we all benefit.
The less we keep money from getting to a central, federal level where it loses .76 of every dollar – the better services we could offer people at a better cost.
There is better accountability at the local levels as well – who wants to really screw around with your own neighbors. Easier to tax people from across the country.
The question has to be asked: Why is it people in Virginia have to pay for federally funded programs in California that don’t have anything to do with national interests? How does a train from CA to NV do anything for national interests?
If it doesn’t – should people around the country have to pay for it?
This contract should work on this problem, taxation, spending, decentralizing, limiting power and getting government out of people’s hair. Transparency should also be an immediate issue as each party promises it, but almost never delivers.
Some of the basic steps should be:
- Implement the fair tax immediately on the federal level (states will follow the example hopefully)
- Dump any federal income and withholding taxes – especially since withholding allows government to hide how much each person is paying
- Immediate ILLEGAL immigration prevention countermeasures
- Immediate freeze on federal spending for 5 years at 2008 levels
- Immediate implementation of zero baseline budgeting
- After 1st year of freeze – immediate all dept cut of 1% each year for 10 years
- Use of closed military bases as low cost housing for unemployed/low income families – run by states
- Immediate cessation of ban on nuclear fuel recycling
- Immediate fasttracking of oil and nuclear infrastructure development
- Immediate deployment of vouchers for private schooling choice for all Americans with children
- Immediate retraction of nationalization or socialization of any company or US government involvement in US private sector
- Immediate Tort Refom – caps on fiscal rewards for lawsuits and caps on fees paid to lawyers (similar to SS suit caps) which will lower all health companies costs by a large percentage due to much lower insurance costs lowering costs to reasonable levels to patients everywhere
- Immediate Tort Reform – Lost or determined to be frivolous lawsuits must have court costs paid by losing side to keep people from suing companies out of business for just any personal reason
- All parts of this contract to be passed with riders that will prevent them being overturned by less than a 75% majority in both houses
If you all have any other questions please write comments for us.
If you support the contract – please send it to papers, radio shows, representatives, senators and governors.
It’s time to breathe life back into this party. Let’s take the steps now – it isn’t too early to pin people down as future representative candidates.
Please help us help everyone!